MSA students are required to participate in standardized testing in grades 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
Standardized Tests are offered by MSA for grades 3-10. These include:
• Terra Nova Tests for grades 3-9
• PSSS for grades 9-10 (Terra Novas are not required if a student takes PSSS)
Other options include:
• Independent testing services through Seton Online, Hewitt Homeschool and Bob Jones University Press that offer standardized tests that may be administered at home for those who prefer that option.
• Students in grades 10-11 may participate in PSATs in the fall as their testing option.
• SAT should be taken by 11th graders in the spring and 12th graders in the fall.
As an alternative to standardized testing you have the option to do a Master Portfolio instead. This is a well-organized portfolio that includes:
-written goals for the year
-plan: methods/curriculum for meeting each goal
-your evaluation/results for each goal
-evidence of instruction in each subject (all quizzes, tests, questions, reports, written assignments, photos of projects, logs for phys ed and other subjects that don’t use texts, reading list, brochures from field trips, movie lists, extra curricular lists)